I really wanted to post this week, but I have been struggling to get through and recover from a migraine. July 4th was definitely not the day to have a migraine in the United States. However, that was the day that a storm moved through. Explosions were going off in my head as they went off throughout the city. The storm didn’t slow down the fireworks, but it slowed me down!
This post was almost ready to go, but I had hoped to get a better picture before publishing it. So, please forgive the picture and trust that this is a good one. My whole family enjoys it.
I used to love making a dish similar to this with loads of Parmesan cheese. My cravings for cheese are actually starting to diminish since I haven’t been able to eat it for several months now. However, I wasn’t initially sure about how to modify my original recipe to replace the flavor of Parmesan. It really didn’t end up being that hard to simply substitute some other tasty herbs and add a little salt to create a dish that is just as good as the original. I hope you enjoy it:)
Pesto Stuffed Chicken
2 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In a small bowl, stir olive oil and spices together.
- Add spinach and red bell pepper and stir.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create pockets.
- Place spice and vegetable mix in the pockets and place breasts in a baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until no pink remains.
- Slice and serve warm.