I used to love ordering a stir-fried dish at restaurants. However, this is impossible now that I know MSG and soy cause migraines for me. Once we had success with a recipe for “Soy Sauce” that didn’t contain these ingredients, I knew we had to keep going and create another stir-fry recipe. This is now one of my favorites.
1 cup broth
2 tsp. molasses
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
dash black pepper
Stir all ingredients together and heat in a saucepan.
Stir Fried Chicken and Vegetables
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 c. broccoli florets
3 c. cauliflower florets
1 c. chopped fresh spinach
1 c. wild rice
2 c. broth
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. garam masala
1/8 tp. cayenne pepper
4 tsp. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 cup “Soy Sauce” from above
- Heat broth in a saucepan and add rice. Cook covered for 45 minutes or until done.
- Blend spices and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a greased skillet and sprinkle with spice blend.
- Fry chicken until 165 degrees and remove from skillet.
- Place carrots in skillet with 1/2 of the “Soy Sauce”. Cover and simmer until carrots are just starting to soften.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and fry until soft (about 10 minutes). Add “Soy Sauce” as needed.
- Add spinach, remaining “Soy Sauce”, and chicken and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Serve over rice.